LIVE VIDEO: NewsChannel 5 at Five    Watch
 

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends family to hospital

3:36 PM, Nov 26, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

St. Louis (KSDK)-- A woman and her two young children were rushed to the hospital overnight, victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

St. Louis firefighters were called to a home on Quincy Street around 10:30 p.m. Friday to investigate a sick call.

The woman, and kids ages 3 and 6 had flu like symptoms. Firefighters determined they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The fumes came from a gas generator running in the basement.

All are expected to recover.

The family did not have a carbon monoxide detector.  Firefighters recommend every home have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. First responders also say if several members of your household come down with sudden flu-like symptoms call 911 immediately.

 

 

 

 

 

Most Watched Videos